What's Going On in March-April 2018
THINGS ARE A-CHANGIN'
Father Stephen Moore, vicar of All Saints for more than 22 years, retires March 23 from his appointment to this Mission. After several months of work the search committee has identified a candidate, and the Mission has called the Reverend Josephine Robinson as our new vicar. She will begin her ministry with All Saints on Palm Sunday, 25, March. Join us to welcome her!
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
- Palm Sunday, 25 March, 9:30am. Blessing of palms, procession, and an interpretive reading of the gospel.
- Maundy Thursday, 29 March, 7:00pm. Holy Eucharist, stripping of the altar.
- Good Friday, 30 March, 7:00pm. Propers for Good Friday.
- Easter Vigil, 31 March, 7:00pm. Kindling of the new fire, readings from the Old Testament, Acclamation, and the first Eucharist of Easter, followed by a party!
- Easter Morning, 1 April, 9:30am. Festal Holy Eucharist
MARCH BISHOP'S COMMITTEE NEWS
Father Steve confirmed that the All Saints Leadership Report had been submitted to the diocese with the election results from the January Annual Meeting and the BC appointments made during the February BC meeting. The BC also signed the Annual Report (aka Parish Report) for submission to the national church. A full slate of Holy week services has also been planned.
The separation agreement acknowledging Father Steve's retirement was signed.
The next BC meeting is tentatively scheduled for April 8. All are welcome!
BRUNCH WITH THE BUNCH
The next Brunch with the Bunch will be on 15 April, directly after church as the BC meeting should occur the week before. Come and meet our new Vicar!
Thanks to Miriam for putting up a sign-up chart for feeding kids at the Landing. The next open dates is September, 2018.
We plan to gather at 12th Place at nine o'clock April 14 , say Morning Prayer and share a light breakfast. Watch this space for topics and details!